Welcome to H2O training – instructor training for the outdoors…..
H2O training is a specialist watersports instructor training business which prepares individuals to take groups into the outdoor environment as a career or for leisure. We specialise in Instructor & Youth group leader training, extreme sports, military adventure and instructor training. We operate throughout Scotland, Ireland and Cornwall.
We also provide a consultancy service helping centres and individuals realise their potential and meet their business aims within the outdoor and adventure education sector.
- Professional industry specific training and education for outdoor education and safety
- Consultancy & business advice for outdoor education providers
About Steve Bowens (Director H2O Training)
I moved to Scotland in April 2012 following 11 years as a full time lecturer in Marine Sports Science and Instructor development and Training Manager at Falmouth Marine School. Prior to that I worked for 9 years as an outdoor activity instructor and instructor trainer all over the world including Europe, New Zealand and the Caribbean.
- BSc Hon Degree Sport Science (First Class)
- PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education)
- HND Sports Science
- D34 NCQ Internal Verifier Award
- D32/33 NVQ Assessor Award
- CYQ Gym Instructor Trainer
- 2015 cycled 2500 miles through Indonesia visiting a huge range of surfing venues.
- 2012 Rowed 3,200 mile unsupported across the Atlantic Ocean (Gran Canaria to Barbados)
- May 2012 was a shortlist finalist in the Sunday Life Spirit of Northern Ireland Awards.
- 2nd Place in World Cup surf kayaking championships, Portugal 2007
- Completed an unassisted crossing from Lands End to the Isle of Scillies and back in 2002